Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Flying in the face of the facts

Anderson Cooper 360 Podcast is of everyday's podcasts in my iPhone. For me, listening podcast is one of the way to practice my listening skills. Also, I would rather keep updated with the international news than spending time in being awash by unqualified, biased, smeared, twisted, and repeated news.

Today, Anderson Cooper was talking about the news about "Tony Hayward is stepping down with 18 million dollars". In the description, Anderson uses an idiom, "it seems Flying in the face of the facts". I have looked up the definition of the idiom. In fact, the idiom is "fly in the face of...", meaning "against".

Example:
Describing BP as being Corporation Social Responsibility flies in the face of the facts.

Interesting idiom!!

No comments: